Wedding Day Tips for Engaged Couples
Take care of yourself and your wedding party on the wedding day.
- Wedding days are long for everyone involved. Make sure to offer breakfast and/or lunch for your wedding party.
- Your Certified Wedding Planner will create your wedding day itinerary and ensure your schedule is set to where there is plenty of time for you and your wedding party to have breakfast and/or lunch.
- Your Certified Wedding Planner will work directly with your food delivery service provider to determine the best time for your breakfast and/or lunch to be delivered.
- Your Certified Wedding Planner will time these meals out perfectly so they flow well with your plan for getting dressed and ready so your wedding day won't fall behind schedule.
- Have some water set aside to ensure everyone is staying hydrated.
- Your Certified Wedding Planner will remind you of these tips as your wedding day approaches.
Don’t overbook your wedding week.
- Cramming the last-minute details—such as the escort cards, programs, and welcome bags—into the week of your wedding can pile on unnecessary stress.
- Complete any DIY items as early as possible to avoid a stressful wedding week.
- Your Certified Wedding Planner will provide you with tools and resources to get these details taken care of sooner rather than later.
- Depending on the package you select, your Certified Wedding Planner may even take care of some of these items for you, such as the favor bag assembly or the welcome bag distribution. If you know these preparations will be too much for you to take on yourself, consult with your Certified Wedding Planner to see about adding these services to your wedding planning package!
- The week of your wedding can be a bit stressful. One of the major benefits of having a Certified Wedding Planner on your team is that they will be able to handle any of the last-minute updates or changes that may come up. This will be able to take those stresses off your shoulders.
Prepare your getting-ready space.
- Brunch, mimosas, and quality time with your best friends should sum up the morning of your wedding! As everyone gets ready, memories are being made and captured by the photographer.
- Make sure your space is ready for photos. For example, a location with lots of natural light is a plus for your wedding photographer and your hair/makeup artist.
- Find a room that is spacious and allows you and your wedding party to spread out.
- Finding a spacious room also helps you to keep the getting-ready space tidy. When your wedding photographer arrives, you don’t want to have trash or mess in the background of those final getting-ready photos.
- Your Certified Wedding Planner will have the arrival time of your photographer listed on your wedding timeline so your wedding party will have plenty of time to clean up the space before those final moments are captured.
Hire a great time and trust them.
- One of the major benefits of working with a Certified Wedding Planner is gaining access to their Preferred Vendors List.
- This list is filled with vendors who are reliable, trustworthy, and good at their job. The best way to relax and truly soak in the joys of your wedding day is by creating a dream team of vendors who will execute the event—without you having to worry about the behind-the-scenes logistics.
- By trusting your team, you are able to walk into your ceremony and reception knowing that all the details have been taken care of and put into place.